Medjugorje For All (A BLOG about Medugorje)

Not so long ago on June 24, 1981 in the tiny village of Medjugorje, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Mary (mother of Jesus)appeared to several young people. She continues her appearances to this day and has come as a gift from God to us. When I first read about this phenomenon, I was both fascinated and doubtful at the same time. Since then I have researched everything I could find about Medjugorje and have been privileged to travel there as a pilgrim.

Name:
Location: Schenectady, New York, United States

Although I am a born again Protestant I have a great interest in what has been happening in Medjugorje. After several years of research on the apparitions, I am reaching out to others (people of all faiths and beliefs) who have the same interest. What appears on this blog are stories and articles, mostly borrowed and hopefully accurate, additional comments and thoughts from me about Medjugorje.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

IVAN


From the "Lives of the Visionaries"
Ivan Dragicevic
Ivan is the oldest of the two boys who see Our Lady and was born on May 25th, 1965 in Bijakovici. His prayer mission given by Our Lady is to pray for priests and the youth of the world. Although Ivan and Mirjana share the same last name, they are not related.

Our Lady has appeared to him every day since June 24, 1981. Our Lady to date has confided nine secrets to Ivan. He is now married and resides half the year in the parish of Medjugorje, and half the year in Boston, MA. Ivan and his wife Laureen have three children.

Ivan: "The apparitions made a big difference in my life - the difference between heaven and earth. For example, I arrange my day now so that even during the day I find time to pray. Before, my life had no meaning. Now, I'm filled with inner contentment. The first time I saw Our Lady, a change occurred in my soul, and in my heart. Before, I often avoided prayer, but now the difference is so great, I really can't describe it. I'm no longer sorry that Our Lady revealed my future. I'm confident and not afraid, because I know who leads me, and therefore, I'm not afraid of death. People in our parish, and all people, should feel that way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home