Medjugorje For All (A BLOG about Medugorje)

Not so long ago on June 24, 1981 in the tiny village of Medjugorje, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Mary (mother of Jesus)appeared to several young people. She continues her appearances to this day and has come as a gift from God to us. When I first read about this phenomenon, I was both fascinated and doubtful at the same time. Since then I have researched everything I could find about Medjugorje and have been privileged to travel there as a pilgrim.

Name:
Location: Schenectady, New York, United States

Although I am a born again Protestant I have a great interest in what has been happening in Medjugorje. After several years of research on the apparitions, I am reaching out to others (people of all faiths and beliefs) who have the same interest. What appears on this blog are stories and articles, mostly borrowed and hopefully accurate, additional comments and thoughts from me about Medjugorje.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

What I saw..


The Statue of the Risen Christ is a short walk behind St. James Church. Many people who are on pilgrimage in Medjugorje do not know about the unexplained phenomenon associated with this statue. We encouraged some of our fellow tour pilgrims to go to see for themselves. When asked about the statue the tour guide said that they do not promote or advertise the phenomenon because they do not know why it is happening. There has been no scientific testing done, at least they didn't know of any. Of course, the Church does not say anything because they are very careful about such things. I liked the fact that they do not promote it. This goes along with the genuine feeling of respect and awe that these people have for the great gift that they have been given, the gift of visits from Heaven. I do hope that scientific testing is done, I would like to know for myself if this is miraculous.
I spent many hours and many visits to the statue. The watery substance would appear as a drop of water, seemingly out of nowhere, right below the right knee, and drip down the leg. If left alone you could see many streams of water(a waterlike substance). dripping down the leg. The weather was beautiful and it rained very little the whole time I was there.
It certainly seemed to be a miraculous event. The only think that I question is why from the knee?

3 Comments:

Blogger bg said...

Why from the knee? You may want to consider this explanation: The weeping knee phenomena is for Doubting Thomases (and that can include us all at times). Remember after the Resurrection Thomas doubted that Jesus had returned until he could put his hand into His wounds? Well, with the Risen Christ sculpture, this is a difficult thing to do. So let’s look at another wound, one suffered when Jesus fell carrying the Cross. This is accessible by reach – and there are very few pilgrims that visit Medjugorje who can resist from reaching and touching this wound. Consider also the hard bronze metal. Isn’t this representitive of the fact that the hardest of hearts that travel to Medjugorje weep tears of repentance? I understand that the water seepage began in the summer of 2000. On some occasions it does stop, but I have seen it oozing water when the bronze metal is hot to touch in the heat of the noonday sun. The water never seems to evaporate. I also know of two engineers who have spent hours attempting to calculate an answer but were unable to comprehend how the water seeps from the structure. Nothing should surprise us in Medjugorje!

9:17 AM  
Blogger MEDLOOK said...

Thank you for your explanation. I never considered a wound when Christ fell. Beautifully told!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could the water coming fom the knee of Jesus be the tears of His Holy Mother Mary? Did St. John hold the upper part of Jesus' body
and Our Holy Mother holding her Son's
body from under the knee and crying, spilling Her holy tears on the knee of Our Saviour before She was able to hold Jesus in Her Arms?
This is a beautiful thought.
Our Blessed Mother wanted to hold Jesus, to touch, to help her precious Son's body from the cross into Her aching arms.
This is what a mother would do.
I know, because I am a mother and that is just what I would do and then right there , sit on the ground hugging my child rocking back and forth with crys of agony from my very soul.
Sandy--USA

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home